Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Mojo Wednesday...

Good morning... gosh I wish it was Monday! Time is just flying by way too fast for my personal taste. The card I am going to share with you today I made on Monday using the Mojo Monday sketch but I just haven't had time to photograph it, upload it and write a blog entry. I am not sure how it is that I have taken the summer off from teaching classes and I still manage to stay super busy!

I really enjoyed taking the time to make this card and I love how it turned out. It was a great sketch and I used some great products so naturally I love the end result! The paper is once again Just Add Cake... still one of my favorites in the new catalog. The stamp set, Easy Events, is one I got for FREE at convention. To be honest, this one was not on my "must have" list when I got the new catalog so I was happy it was FREE. However, the more I use it the more I am loving it! I used it last night for a make-n-take for my stamp club, which I will share with you as well.

I used the the Perfect Pennants die to create that awesome Peach Parfait scalloped circle, and the new Petite Pennants Builder punch to create the patterned paper triangles. The little blue flags I cut first out of thin chip board and then covered with Marina Mist textured cardstock. I stamped the snail with Staz-On ink and then used my makers to go over the outlines and filled in the "white space" using my blender pens with my stamp pads. (A technique I just learned from my awesome friend Jill. Thanks Jill!!) I am also sharing with you the inside of the card... which is nearly as cute as the outside!





When I was making this card I was thinking to myself, I should set up my video camera and make a little video to share with you here. Perhaps I will get around to doing that in the near future! Ok, on to the make-n-take card from last nights stamp club.




While I was at the Stampin' Up! convention they gave all of us these little kits for doing a workshop and in the kit was the instructions and supplies for making these adorable cards. We used the Note Cards which come with 20 cards and envelopes.... sealed the envelope, cut an inch from one end, then used the 2 1/2" circle punch to punch a half circle from the open end of the envelope. Stamped the sentiment in Staz-On, wrapped the melon mambo dotted scalloped ribbon around the envelope and tied it in a knot... wahlah! On the note card we stamped in Staz-On the cupcake from the Easy Events stamp set, colored it with blender pens, added some dazzling diamonds to the cupcake top and pom pom trim on the cake plate, punched a tiny scalloped circle from with the itty bitty shapes punch pack, added a rhinestone to the scalloped circle and finished it off by stamping the sentiment again on a piece of melon mambo that we "flagged" the ends of and adhered to the card front beneath the image. So simple, fun and adorable! Thanks Stampin' Up! for this great idea!!

So... that's it, two great projects using the Easy Events stamp set.
Thanks for stopping, have a wonderful day!

~Sara~

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

How cute are these! And the sentiment goes pefectly with the snail!

Jill Briggs said...

Adorable card. The perfect pennants die makes a beautiful scalloped circle. Thanks for sharing.