Friday, August 5, 2011

A little punch art!

Hi there! Today I want to share with you a card I made for my friend Sue to give to her granddaughter for her birthday. Her granddaughter has a new love for giraffes so I thought she might like this.


I started with regal rose cardstock, added a layer of pretty in pink cardstock, then pretty in pink dsp. I paired the pinks with so saffron. The giraffe was created with Stampin' Up! punches. I think I used the large oval for the nose and mouth, 1/2" circle for the tongue. His ears were created with the 5 petal flower and the blossom petals builder punches. His head is a 1 1/4" circle, his eyes... the circle from itty bitty shapes punches and 1/4" circle punch. His nostrils are the from the smallest circles on the owl punch, and his head knobbies (what are those things called!?!) are from the larger hole punch on the crop-a-dile. Finally the spots are punched from cajun craze with the 1" and 1/2" circle punches. The accents are 1" circles in chocolate chip and the small star is also so saffron. The sentiment is stamped in regal rose on one of the tags from the Lots of Tags dies.

Although it was crazy time consuming figuring this out, it was a lot of fun and I am sure it will delight my friends granddaughter to no end!

Have a great day!

~Sara~

2 comments:

Sheri said...

This is so adorable Sara!!

scrappingnana said...

This is just adorable.