Monday, August 8, 2011

Mojo Monday

Hi there! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I sure did! Friday night my husband and I took Justin and Hannah and her boyfriend, Nick, out to dinner and a movie. We had a terrific dinner at Johnny Carino's and then we saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes. My husband thought it was incredibly stupid and Hannah didn't particularly like the movie either but the rest of us loved it! I must tell you when I was in elementary school, I think I was in the second grade, this was the lunch box I had...

I also remember seeing the movies on tv as well and enjoying them. More than likely it was the influence of my older brother and the lunch box may have been a hand-me-down from him but I carried it to school with pride!

On Saturday Daniel and I went shopping for a few things for the house and then watched the movie How Do You Know with Jennifer Aniston, Owen Wilson, Paul Rudd and Jack Nicholson... we should have passed on this one, not good in my humble opinion! And then last night we took my parents out to dinner at Andiamo's... a wonderful Italian restaurant in Novi for a belated Father's Day gift. We had been trying to go for the past few weeks but things kept coming up, so we were excited that we got to do that. We had a fantastic meal and the company wasn't too bad either! :)

Oh! I better stop rambling! I have a hair appointment in a bit and I haven't even started talking about the card I made to share with you!



So naturally I used the Mojo Monday sketch for the card I made today. I wanted to use a designer series paper that I hadn't used before... it being on special this month and all! (Don't forget you can buy 3 and get 1 FREE!!!) I picked Beyond the Garden dsp and paired it with Wild Wasabi, Melon Mambo and Daffodil Delight card stock. I used the Tasteful Trim sizzix die to make the scalloped border and the new scallop dots ribbon in Melon Mambo. I love that it is reversible to a solid. I was able to get all those great scallops without the polka dots, great ribbon! Finally for my sentiment I used a stamp from the Happiest Birthday Wishes hostess set. One of the great things about the changes Stampin' Up! made with the new catalog is that when you host a party you get hostess dollars to spend on what you want from the catalog and you can use those dollars to buy exclusive hostess sets at a discounted price or regular catalog merchandise. I love that!


Anyways... back to my sentiment! I used the scallop circle stamp and used punches to punch various elements out of that one image and then I adhered those elements to solid colored cardstock and then layered them on top of each other with pop dots. I love the way such a simple little stamp can really POP!! when you layer like this.

I better get going if I am going to make it to my hair appointment on time. You all have a wonderful day. Thanks for stopping by!

~Sara~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic Card!

La
http://lashawndawrice.wordpress.com

Lisa Elton said...

Lovely card Sara...great summery colors!

Nadine said...

Gorgeous card, love how you combined all those stamps, beautiful!