Thursday, August 25, 2011

Sweet One Baby Onesie

Goodness it has been awhile since I have posted! It isn't because I haven't been creating new things, it is because I am so busy creating new things that I don't take time to photograph them and share them with all of you on my blog.

My latest creation is a baby card I made for my friend Heather's baby shower on Saturday. I had seen this idea before and always wanted to try it but never had. It was quite simple and I enjoyed it so much I ended up making 2 more baby girl cards and 2 baby boy cards as well!


I used a piece of Pink Pirouette cardstock for the card base, it measured 4 1/4" x 11." I scored it at 5 1/2" giving me a standard size A2 card. I took my 1 3/8" circle punch to make the leg and neck cut outs. Then I measured from the top of the card 1 3/4" on both side to make my sleeves, from that point I measured in 1/2" from both the right and left side and cut from there down to the tops of the leg openings. (I hope this makes sense!) After I had the shape I wanted, I embossed the front of the card with my Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder. I created the white scallop details by first punching a 1 3/8" circle into a piece of Whisper White cardstock and the punching around the hole with a 1 3/4" scallop circle punch. The shirt sleeves trim is 1 3/4" x 1/2" strips of Whisper White cardstock. Finally, for the sentiment I used an old favorite (although retired... sorry!) stamp from a set called So Many Scallops and finished it off with three silver brads for the "snaps."

Oh! One more thing before I go... I have had several people email me about not being able to leave comments, so I have checked into my blogger settings and I think I have solved the problem. So... leave me a comment if you please :)

Have a wonderful day, thanks for stopping by!

~Sara~

No comments: