Saturday, August 27, 2011

Looky Loo!

Well looky loo!! Look who's back three days in a row! It might be a record for me! Today I want to share with you some cards I have created for a class I will be teaching in October, on Friday the 14th to be exact! If you are in my neck of the woods and would like to take this class just let me know.

Sometimes when I am creating cards for a class, I don't feel like reinventing the wheel so to speak, so I often use card sketches that I have previously used... often my Mojo Monday cards because I just love love LOVE those sketches! Come along... I'll show you.


Check out my owl! I gave him bat wings and crazy eyes... isn't he cute! The sentiment is from a set called Delightful Dozen. The dsp I used for this class is called Frightful Sight and to be honest with you, when I saw it in the catalog I wasn't impressed but when I opened it and looked at it I found I really do like it. Here is where you have seen this sketch before!


Aren't those witchy boots fun? They are from a stamp set called Wicked Cool and I'll let you in on a little secret. The focal image on this card... I got the idea right from page 27 of the catalog. They don't call it the Idea Book and Catalog for nothing! If you are running to check it out in your catalog... please note (haha! I crack myself up with my goofy language sometimes!) I left off the "Goblin Greetings" because it would have made my focal image too large which would have covered too much of that fun polka dotted dsp. Here is where you have seen this sketch before.


This fun pumpkin is from a stamp set called Got Treats. Here is where you have seen this sketch before!


Lastly, this card was created using the Bingo Card background, and Spooky Bingo Bits stamp sets. The Bingo Back ground is a bit large for a standard A2 card so I cut it down a bit. I also stamped it twice, cut out the B*I*N*G*O letters and adhered them with pop dots slightly overlapping to add depth and interest.
I don't have a another card using this sketch to link you to but if you were to look on page 25 of the Idea Book and Catalog you will see where I got the inspiration for this card.

Well, that's it for now! I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

~Sara~

1 comment:

ajyoyo said...

LOVED your Halloween card class SO much!!!!