Monday, August 15, 2011

Hello there Monday!

Hi there! It's Monday once again so naturally I am back to share with you the card I created using this weeks Mojo Monday sketch. I used some of the new products that will be available September 1st in the new Holiday Mini catalog. Before I go on, let me just say....... Oh my goodness!!!! You are going to L♥VE the new Holiday Mini!!!!!! It is amazing. Just between you and me... I think I love it more than the new Idea Book and Catalog! Make sure you check back on September 1st, that is when I will post the link to the online edition of the 2011-2012 Holiday Mini Catalog.



Ok... having said that, I can now go on and tell you about some of those awesome products that I have used on my card today. I started with an Early Espresso card base, added a layer of Blushing Bride and then that luscious layer of Whisper White which I embossed with the brand spankin' new embossing folder called Snow Burst. The dsp I used is from the Idea Book and Catalog, it is called Letters to Santa. I just love all of the non-traditional Christmas colors and all of the plaids in this paper pack. I added a length of Blushing Bride ribbon and an Early Espresso photo corner I created by using the Curly Label punch, I then added a little flower shaped Early Espresso button to my photo corner. The focal image is from a new stamp set called Gift Givers. It is an awesome set all you punch fanatics, like me, are gonna love! Each of the seven images in the set represents a different holiday and coordinates with a different punch! All of you coloring fanatics, like me, will love that they are all line art rather than solid images so you can color or paper piece the images as I have done here! (Aren't her coat and hat darling with the pink and green plaid!!)

Say... did you notice that this is a shaker card?!? In the Holiday Mini catalog you will find a nifty new product called "shaker frames." They are double-sided adhesive foam circles that are about 1/8 of an inch thick. Want to hear the best part? They coordinate with many of the Stampin' Up! circle punches making them a breeze to use! Thank you Stampin' Up! Want to know what is inside my shaker card? A super cool new product coming you way in the new Holiday Mini called Mica Flakes. They pair perfectly with the new shaker frames but could also be used with our treat cups! I matted the focal image on a piece of Early Espresso cardstock, attached the shaker frame to the image, sprinkled in some mica flakes, removed the sticky back on the frame and then added a piece of window sheet. I topped that all off with a piece of Old Olive cardstock that I punched a 1 3/4" circle from... added the pearls to the corners of my centerpiece and called it done!

Well thanks for stopping by today. It was nice to share with you my excitement about the new Holiday Mini catalog. I know you are going L♥VE it as much as I do!

~Sara~

3 comments:

scare_easy said...

This is WAY too cute... It's so cute it almost hurts to look at it! :) Love the little plaid dress.

Lisa Elton said...

Sara...how fun is this!!! Love your adorable little image,so sweet. And now I can't wait for Sept.1st!!!

Carole said...

I love pink and green. Just adorable and fun with the shaker. Nicely done.