Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Long time, no see my friends!

Hello there, gosh it has been a long time since I updated my blog! I think since January! Where has the time gone? I wish I had some great reason for not posting but I just don't... mostly I think it is simply because I am the type of person that needs to know that what I am spending my time on is worth while and in the blog-o-sphere (is that a word?) it is hard to know if anyone is really out there noticing little ole' me! However, here lately I have had several people ask me why I am not blogging and it certainly isn't because I am not creating! I am a creating fool!

So I think it is fitting that today I show you my MojoMonday creation for this week, you all know how I love my Mojo Monday sketches!

Here is the sketch...


And here is my first take on it... (actually my second take because I made a card for my dear friend Sue's birthday yesterday with this sketch but I neglected to photograph that one!)



I used a few of the brand spankin' new sneak peek items from the upcoming Stampin' Up! catalog, such as that stunning new blue... that is called Midnight Muse and it is so lovely! The yellowy green color is also new, it is called Summer Starfruit. It is a very different color and I am not sure I love it just yet but I do like how it looks on this card. The designer series paper is called Comfort Cafe, it reminds me of old wallpaper... I really like it. The flowers are from a new stamp set called Betsy's Blossoms and the sentiment is from a current set called Pursuit of Happiness. I really don't think the picture does this card justice, it is very pretty in real life!

Here is my second take, erm third take on this Mojo Monday sketch. (Can you tell I ♥ this sketch, gonna get lots of use out of it!)


This card I made for my niece, Katie, who is graduating from high school on Friday. The designer series paper is another sneak peek item. It is called Floral District. It is super bright and cheery with colors such as Lucky Limeade, Rich Razzleberry and Daffodil Delight. The sweet ribbon is also new, it is a 1/4" stitched grosgrain. I am sorry to say the sentiment on this card is retired. I don't have any other great sentiments for a graduate other than "Congratulations!" and that just was not going to fit on the little flag I created.

So that is it for today... phew, that wasn't so hard. I'll have to come back more often! There are a lot of new and exciting things happening with Stampin' Up! and I will be back soon to share them with you.

Thanks for stopping by!

~Sara~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are back blogging. I missed you.