Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Monday!

Happy Monday everyone, and a happy belated Mother's Day to all of you moms out there too!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. It sure was lovely weather here in Howell, Michigan. Daniel and I had a great time working on our "To Do" list over the weekend, probably because it included lounging around at Art Van on various love seat recliners, had to test them all out before making our decision! We currently have two black leather recliners in our living room sitting side by side with a small table between them. We were wanting a reclining love seat so we can sit riiiiight next to each other instead... we are just kind of touchy feely like that I guess! So Wednesday the new piece of furniture will be delivered... yippee!! If I remember I will take before and after pictures to share with you.

We also shopped for some new pans, inquired about fixing our garage door, which we fixed by ourselves. Nothing too exciting, some how the sensor that prevents the door from closing if something is in the way got bumped so it wouldn't close. It still counts as a check off of the "To Do" list though in my book!  We also spent some time in our current recliners watching movies. We saw The Thing, which was dumb and a tiny bit scary... mostly dumb, and we saw Milk which we both really liked. I decided I am a big fan of James Franco and Sean Penn... both tremendously talented actors!

Ok, on to this weeks Mojo Monday sketch.


Before I even saw the sketch I knew I was going to use this new Be of Good Cheer designer series paper. It was the only new sneak peek paper from the brand spankin' new 2012-2013 Stampin' Up! catalog that I hadn't used yet so that was an easy decision.  I also knew I wanted to incorporate a few more of the new things I purchased from the sneak peek, take a look!


Isn't that a lovely label I have used for my focal image? It is from a new set called Layered Labels. My favorite thing about this stamp set is that it coordinates with the new Apothecary Accents framelit dies!! Yippee, I didn't have to cut that out by hand! Also, the stamp I used actually says "For You" in the center of it but since it coordinates perfectly with the large oval punch I was able to stamp the sentiment from Petite Pairs and punch it out to layer on my label.... so cool! I created a rosette to put under my label, then added a little row of sticky strip around the outer edge (before assembling) then dipped the edge in Dazzling Diamonds glitter, it really turned out pretty. I used the four petal flower from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack to create the tiny flowers, curled them up a bit and added a small pearl to the center of them. I really love this new paper, I think I will get a lot of use out of it this holiday season! This card will be part of my Christmas in July stamp-a-stack. I'll post the others as soon as I have created them.

Have a wonderful day. Thanks for stopping by!

~Sara~

3 comments:

Heather Cooper said...

What a pretty Christmas card! That red looks so rich against the green.

Anonymous said...

The pictures don't do your cards justice. I saw the card and it is absolutely gorgeous!!!

strat said...

That will do a a good representation of what you mean.
maids sd