Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Polar Party

Good morning! I am back again today to share another card with you.

When I was at the Stampin' Up! convention in July they gave us all of these different projects. Some were make-n-takes, some were classes we signed up for in advance, some were hostess thank you gifts and some were workshop demonstration projects. The card I am going to share with you today was meant to be a workshop demonstration card. I was supposed to use the Easy Events stamp set that we were given as one of the many free stamp sets we received for attending convention but when I started putting it together I thought I would like use it for one of the cards I add to my December card buffet and I wanted to use one of the new stamp sets I got recently that is wintry... Polar Party. I thought it would make a nice winter birthday card.


The card base is Pool Party, the focal image is stamped on natural white and matted on Wild Wasabi. That luscious ribbon is the 1 1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon also in Wild Wasabi. The little heart is punched from the owl punch in Real Red. I added a little two-way glue to the white on the hat and to the snow the bear is standing on and then sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds glitter.

It is rather simply but I really like it! Oh, I used the now retired ticket corner punch on the corners of the Wild Wasabi mat (you could also use a very small circle punch to get a similar effect) then wrapped white baker's twine around the outside of the mat. Thanks for a great project idea Stampin' Up!

Have a wonderful day, thank you for stopping by.

~Sara~

No comments: