Monday, October 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Sheri!

Hi there, happy Monday! I am happy today... we have had three consecutive days of sunny warm weather and that makes me smile hugely!! Also, today is my good friend Sheri's birthday. We went to lunch today and had a great time catching up which that makes me happy too. Here is the card I made for Sheri. I cased it from the catalog, page 68, but I made it pink because Sheri's favorite color is pink. After picking the card base color, Blushing Bride, I decided to use the coordinating colors from the 2010~2011 In Colors. All of the balloons and presents are paper pieced and popped up. The card measures 3" x 6" and fits perfectly into Stampin' Up!'s small open-end envelopes.


Right after I finished Sheri's card this morning I went to the Mojo Monday blog to check out this weeks sketch which I absolutely loved!



I decided to use some Jillibean Soup dsp that I have had laying around for awhile just waiting to be used. I created the butterflies with the Stampin' Up! exclusive Beautiful Butterflies die, an old favorite of mine and hung a sweet little charm from the brown jute I wrapped around the card front. I put dimensional pop dots between the layers of butterflies and they really look like they are about to take flight!

I sure enjoyed my morning making these cards, but now I have to clean up the huge mess I made creating them!

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you have a great week!

~Sara~

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty card!

Ludwisia said...

Sliczna karteczka!

wilwarine said...

i love your card : the butterflies, the colours, really beautiful

Lesley said...

Love the way you used the Mojo sketch, how pretty!