Monday, May 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Hannah!

Good morning! I am back after taking a week off from my Monday posts. I have been so busy helping my son with his senior scrapbook project. It was due today so we had been working quite diligently to get it finished in time.

Today is my daughters birthday! She is 14, I can hardly believe it! Friday we went clothes shopping, she is so into that now. I remember two years ago I was going to the mall with my mom and my sisters and asked her if she wanted to go and she had no desire to go shopping and didn't mind one bit if I picked out all of her clothes... how things have changed in two short years! We had a great time and she has great taste so it was easy peasy shopping! Saturday we took her and a couple of her friends out to the IMAX theater to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie in 3D... followed by dinner at Stillwater Grill, one of our favorite places to eat. Yesterday we had my family over to celebrate her birthday with us. It was an beautiful day and we all had a lot of fun. So here are a couple of pictures from yesterday...

Hannah opening gifts with her cousin Abigail

Justin receiving an early graduation present from his great grandma, Gigi.

Justin with his Aunt Sonya

 It was a super fun day, I love spending time with my family!
Ok, on to the card I made for this weeks Mojo Monday sketch. I created this card for Justin to give to Hannah today. I used the Celebrations dsp and a stamp from the new stamp set pretty postage. I love that the image was small enough to fit into my 1 1/4" circle punch!


The colors I used are pacific point, real red, and pear pizzazz. The scallop borders were created using the Tasteful Trim sizzix die (it might be my new favorite, I can't wait to try to jumbo ric rac!) I think that is it,
thanks for stopping by, I hope you have a wonderful day!

~Sara~

2 comments:

Kim said...

Absolutely adorable card. I love the color combination. I'm your newest follower.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a fabulous card. Love the faux stitching and the fun circle play. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday! :)