Saturday, June 2, 2012

Big fat copy catter!

Hello there, gosh I am on a roll lately! It isn't uncommon for me to have a burst of creativity like this but I often get so busy creating that I don't want to stop and blog about it. I am not sure what has inspired me to take the time to blog lately but I have been enjoying sharing my creations with all of you.

Today I am going to let you in on a little secret.... I am a huge copy catter (is catter a word!?!) Well if it is, it applies to me. What I really enjoy doing is finding something that inspires me and then making it my own. I think I have mentioned before that in the paper crafting world we call that CASEing, copy and share everything. So it is quite acceptable to be a copy catter... I just think I am one of the biggest haha!

A few days ago I was looking around for inspiration for a new stamp set I got, it's from the brand new 2012-2013 Stampin' Up! catalog. It's called Papaya Collage and it's quite different from anything else I have so naturally I was struggling with how to use it. I found inspiration in a card by a follow Stampin' Up! demonstrator named Justin Krieger. Here is his card...


And here is my card...


Can you spot all of the changes I made to make it my own? I started with an extra layer of Midnight Muse cardstock which I embossed with the polka dots embossing folder... have you noticed I loooove layers!?! I also embossed the piece of Summer Starfruit cardstock that is matted in the frame with the same embossing folder for consistancy. I changed the sentiment to "Wish Big" but only because I don't own the Perfectly Penned stamp set that Justin used... gotta get that one! Then I blinged it out, I added rhinestones to the centers of the butteflies, to the dot of the "i" in "Wish Big," to the Raspberry Ripple flags and finally to the decorative label I punched out of Midnight Muse.

So there you go, a glimpse at my life as a copy catter.

Have a wonderful day, thanks for stopping by!

~Sara~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! You did an awesome job!! Love the extra polkadot layer and the Rhinestones are a great addition!I'm flattered to have someone as talented as you CASE me! Thanks so much! :-)

Sara said...

Thanks Justin, your sense of color and the layout really inspired me... so thank you!