Monday, September 26, 2011

Weekend Happenin's

Good morning! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I had a busy weekend! Mostly busy working on upcoming class projects. I so love to design, I don't feel a single bit guilty about spending my weekend working when my work is creating beautiful projects to share with all of you and to teach in upcoming classes.

Yesterday my family and I went over to our local Metro Park to participate in a walk to raise money for ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease.) My brother-in-law's father had ALS, he died when my brother-in-law was in high school and his family has been doing this walk for many years. This year my family joined their family on the walk. It was a beautiful day and nice to see so many people there to participate.

This is our group... there were many, many, many groups like this there. A tremendous number of people. It was amazing! We even saw a high school hockey team walking in their jerseys.

 Me with my sister Jennifer.

 Daniel with my niece Abigail.


Hannah with her boyfriend Nick. It was funny... my brother-in-law's sister was Nick's second grade teacher. They were excited to see each other again.

 Justin and I.

It really was a great experience that we will continue to do each year.

Ok, I better get back to work here. Oh wait! One more thing! Here is the project I completed this weekend.

I just love this Spice Cake designer series paper, and that gorgeous very vanilla velvet ribbon on the box... it even sounds yummy! This is a class I will be teaching in November. Perfect for fall!

Ok, now I really am going. You all have a wonderful day. Thanks for stopping by!

~Sara~

No comments: