Friday, September 23, 2011

Lovin' my Down-Line

Hi there! Just a quick post today as I am working like a crazy woman on cards for a new class I will be teaching in November. I got the idea for the new class format from my sweet friend Sheri, who also happens to be in my down-line. I'll tell you more about that once my cards are ready to share with you... but what I will tell you I am super excited about it and can not wait to teach it!

So, yesterday I had my down-line over for our first meeting. It was a lot of fun! I am lovin' my down-line. They are a super group of creative, intelligent woman who I am so thankful for. During our meeting we talked about some ideas for classes we would like to teach, shared some of our own projects and even created a super cute gift card holder.


This is Heather, she and I went to high school together back in the day... I won't say just how long ago that was but it has been awhile! We reconnected on FaceBook a year or so ago when she was moving back to Michigan from Japan (I think it was Japan, she has lived all over the world it seems!) She is a sweet friend and I am so glad we have reconnected. Heather is expecting a baby girl in just a few weeks... I am so excited for her!


These are my wonderful friends Sheri and Ingrid. I met Ingrid through my mother. My mom has been in one of my stamp clubs since I first started with Stampin' Up! three years ago and I met her friend Ingrid at her stamp club party. Ingrid signed up for stamp club shortly after that and became a demonstrator last fall... wow, almost a year ago already! Sheri and I became friends when she started attending my classes a couple of years ago. We have a lot in common and just really hit it off, Sheri inspires me and I love her dearly! Ingrid and Sheri were laughing when I took this picture, they were talking about charging me to post their pictures on my blog! Silly girls!


And here is the project we created together... I was telling my down-line that it is ok to find inspiration on the internet and that among paper crafters it is completely acceptable to copy each others work. In fact there is even a name for it... CASE, which means Copy and Share Everything! So I found this idea on Splitcoast Stampers, it was originally created by Michelle from Faith, Trust and Pixiedust, and then together my down-line and I recreated it. Isn't it adorable!?! I just love it! I will be incorporating this into a Christmas gift card holder class that I will be having in early December.

Ok, I am off to get back to work on my cards. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Thanks for stopping by today!

~Sara~

No comments: