Tuesday, June 7, 2011

New Catalog Sneak Peeks!

Hi there, back again with a quick post. I am off to the swimming pool with Justin and my nephew in a few minutes... first swim of the season... Yippee!!!

Today I want to share with you another sneak peek from the upcoming 2011-2012 Stampin' Up! catalog. As you probably know pennants are all the rage right now and Stampin' Up! is on trend with the new Pennant Parade stamp set and coordinating punch! I l♥ve it!!! I have also showcased three of the five new "In Colors." Here I have used Pool Party, Island Indigo, and Lucky Limeade along with old favorites Crumb Cake and Early Espresso. Something fun I discovered while making this card is that Stampin' Up's dotted scallop ribbon punch fits perfectly with the scalloped edge of the pennant punch. Coincidence? I doubt it, Stampin' Up! is the BEST at coordinating everything!


So from the Pennant Parade stamp set I stamped in versa mark three of the four different flag images then punched them out with the triangle on the Pennant punch. I created the scalloped edge pieces with the scallop ribbon punch, I simply cut the punched piece in half then made them shiny with some crystal effects. The scalloped pennants are also from the punch. So cute! The stamp set has some fun sayings and "elements." I stamped the star and the starburst in versa mark to fill some of the "white" space on my card. Finally I used "Happy Birthday" from the Curly Cute stamp set, added a little doodling around the edge, some linen thread to "tie off" my banner and it was done! Simple and fun!

Thanks for stopping by, I am off to the pool! Have a great day!

~Sara~

1 comment:

Arlene said...

Very pretty. Love the simplicity of this card! :)

Arlene
http://waterdots.blogspot.com/