Sunday, June 26, 2011

Hello from sunny Colorado!!!

Hey there and hello from the sunny state of Colorado!! I am on vacation here with my family for the week and we are loving it! I could get used to this sunny hot weather! There is definitely something to be said for "dry" heat. So, let me tell you why I haven't posted in awhile. I have been so busy getting my son registered for college, getting a whole lot of new landscaping in around my patio, getting my family ready for this trip to Colorado and Utah, finishing up with my classes for the summer and making swaps for the Stampin' Up! convention!! When I get home I will share with you those cards. Last Monday I spent the day working on those swaps, I plan on making 100 cards to take with me and so far I have nearly 25 done, and another 25 I have the pieces cut for... just need to assemble! It has been a busy time!! I did make some adorable cards last week, one for my dad for Father's Day and a couple for my sisters for their birthdays but I neglected to photograph them before giving them... Oops!!

I thought I would share some pictures today of our first full day in Colorado. We got up early this morning, had breakfast at the hotel and then drove to Colorado National Monument state park. There were some beautiful views on our drive through the park!!! We stopped many times along the way to take short walks and some photos. It was amazing!! Have a look....



 The first stop as we entered the park.

 I couldn't stop snapping pictures of the scenery... so beautiful!!

 My sweet girls... Amber is like my second daughter, I ♥ them both!

 Hannah, Amber and Justin exploring.

 See... just couldn't stop!!

 Just before our short walk into Monument Canyon.

 Daniel and I always like to get a "one armed" photo everywhere we go.
Me.

 Hannah and Amber... sharing a moment.

 My beautiful girl, Hannah.
 More beautiful scenery!

 Amazing land formations 1.6 billion years old! Made me feel young ;)

Justin, Daniel, myself, Hannah and her girl friend Amber.

Well that was the best of the pictures we took today. Tomorrow we leave Justin here in Grand Junction, Colorado to join his tour group. He is going on a five day paleontology exploration while the rest of us head down to Moab, Utah where we have rented a condo for the week. 

Perhaps if time permits I will be back again this week with pictures from Moab.

Thanks for stopping by!

~Sara~

No comments: