Monday, February 7, 2011

Putting Monday on a Pedestal

I think I must be weird. Most people dread Mondays but I always wake up energized and ready to start the week. Today I have been working on a hostess gift for my friend Sue who is hosting stamp club tomorrow morning and also preparing for a class I have on Friday. Of course I had to take some time out once the Mojo Monday challenge was posted so I could play along.

I recently realized that I love stamping on Crumb Cake paper. I had never thought of it as a neutral for stamped images but I am loving it. It has a nice muted look. I better get back to work, lots to do before scrapbook leagues tonight! Have a wonderful day.



Stamps: On a Pedestal
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Real Red
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Baja Breeze
Punches: Scallop Square, Itty Bitty Shape Punches, Jewelry Tag
Ribbon: Pumpkin Pie 5/8" grosgrain, Linen Thread
Misc: Su! Rhinstone, Misc. button 

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Super Super Cute Sara!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just beautiful! Love your layered cake! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

perennial-mommy said...

This is adorable! These are AWESOME colors together.

Being Mrs Miles said...

Wow - this is pretty original - nice take on the mojo. What is "crumb cake" paper and why is it good for stamping on? Just curious and learning here LOL!

Glad I stopped by!

~ Barb

Sara said...

@ Mrs. Miles.. "crumb cake" is what Stampin' Up! calls their kraft colored paper. I am glad you stopped by too!

Sharyn said...

So pretty - I wondered what crumb cake was too. I really like the look it gives as a neutral.

Nine said...

Cute card !

Debbie Carriere said...

Oooh, I just love that cake! Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday :)